Policy to Protect Personal Information
New Otani Co., Ltd. has a strong commitment to providing the best and the most reliable in customer service. We also recognize that it is not only our social responsibility but also the fundamentals in our business to respect, properly use and safeguard the privacy of all personal information (personally identifiable information) of our customers. We are firmly determined to comply with the " Personal Information Protection Law " of Japan, and hereby declare that we shall observe the "Policy to Protect Personal Information" as described below when handling all personal information.
1. Compliance with the Law of Japan
We shall comply with all laws and regulations of Japan related to the protection of your personal information.
2. Internal Rules/Guidelines and In-house Education
We shall establish and maintain internal rules and guidelines for protecting personal information.
In-house education programs shall be conducted so that employees are acknowledged of its importance.
3. Management System
A staff responsible for handling personal information shall be assigned in each and every section for the purpose of maintaining a functional management system to protect personal information.
The personal information we collect from you are stored and protected through necessary and reasonable security measures in order to avoid any leakage, loss, destruction, misuse, alteration or illegal access.
Our outsourcing agents and subcontractors shall also be under reasonable supervision so that they execute proper administration to protect personal information.
5. Collecting and Handling of Personal Information
All personal information shall be collected lawfully through reasonable measures, and shall be kept accurate and updated.
6. Use of Personal Information
You will be clearly informed of how your personal information is to be used. Your personal information shall be used and handled only within the extent necessary to perform the task required.
7. Providing Personal Information to Third Parties
Personal information shall never be disclosed to third parties without your consent.
This excludes cases that are legally exempt.
8. Disclosure, Revision or Suspension of Usage of Personal Information
When you wish for the disclosure, revision or suspension of usage of your personal information, we shall comply to your request, following the necessary procedures only upon verification of your identity. This excludes cases that are legally exempt.
Regular auditing shall be conducted to monitor and checkup the management system and efforts for protecting personal information, and also to promote improvement whenever necessary.
Hotel New Otani
4-1 Kioi-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 102-8578 Japan.
(Open 9:30 a.m. - 17:00 p.m. Closed on weekends and holidays)
Effective Date April 1st 2005
Revised Date April 1st 2006
New Otani Co., Ltd.
How We Handle Your Personal Information
1. How We Collect Your Personal Information
We ask you to offer your personal information on the cases shown below. We may also collect personal information from other parties that have been approved and given the right from you to handle your personal information, as well as from documents that have been officially announced.
- Hotel accommodations, restaurants, wedding ceremonies/receptions and banquets: your personal information is required when you make inquiries, ask for information, make reservations or use service.
- Membership services: your personal information is required when you make inquiries, ask for information, join membership organizations or participate in cultural courses and classes.
- Questionnaires: your personal information is required when you answer questions. Questionnaires are used for marketing purposes and service improvement.
- Events: your personal information is required when applying to participate in any of our events.
- Other cases: When asking you to provide your personal information, we will inform you of the purpose and shall limit information we collect within the extent necessary to accomplish the task.
2. How We Use Your Personal Information
Your personal information we collect shall be used for the following purposes. We shall never use or disclose your personal information without your approval.
- Service: we use your personal information to offer you the product and the service that you request, or to respond to your questions and inquiries.
- Information: we use your personal information to send news and information of the new hotel plans and events, or special benefit programs.
- Hotel news: we use your personal information to send newsletter publications and e-mail magazines (currently available in Japanese only).
- Questionnaires: we use your personal information to analyze customer demands for marketing purposes or for service improvement. Your answers shall be used solely for statistical purposes and not for any personal identification.
3. Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties without your approval unless otherwise they apply to the cases below:
- When sharing your personal information with New Otani group hotels and/or associate hotels.
- When we outsource any business activities to subcontractors. In this case, we will sign an agreement with the subcontractors which allows them to use your personal information only for the specific purpose we have outsourced them.
- When disclosing your personal information is necessary to protect personal lives, physical safety or property, and under such conditions when it is not possible to receive your permission for disclosure in advance.
4. Disclosure, Revision or Suspension of Usage of Your Personal Information
When you wish for the disclosure, revision or suspension of usage of your personal information that is stored by the New Otani Co., Ltd., please directly (not a third party) contact us for an application form and we will respond to your request legitimately according to the given procedures.
5. Change of Private Policy
- Hotel New Otani
- 4-1 Kioi-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 102-8578 Japan.
(Open 9:30 a.m. - 17:00 p.m. Closed on weekends and holidays)
Personal Information We Collect on the Hotel New Otani Group Website
Like many other websites offering a variety of services, we may occasionally use the Cookies technology in some group hotels to receive certain online information. Cookies do not track your web usage on a regular basis. You may set your browser to block these Cookies. Individual records of web usage are not tracked unless we find certain actions to be harmful to our website, property or other users of our website.
The Hotel New Otani Group website offers e-mail services (currently available in Japanese only), questionnaires and prize-winning contests, which may at times require you to provide personal information voluntarily. We prohibit the disclosure or transfer of any kind of personal information to third parties without your consent. Personal information is also protected when statistics of questionnaires are revealed to third parties for marketing purposes.
The Hotel New Otani Group is only responsible for the privacy statement and the content of this website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices that you may have accessed this website from and to the outside websites that you may access from this website. For further details, please contact the site you have accessed.
The purpose is to send the latest hotel information to our customers, or as reference for the betterment of our service. Therefore your personal information shall not be disclosed to third parties.